- Rims: Syntace C25i carbon 622
- Front wheel: with Syntace SpeedTorque hub ( 100x12 ) and Center Lock
- Rear wheel: with Syntace SpeedTorque hub ( 142x12 ) and Center Lock
- Freewheel body: SRAM XDR
- Intended usage: CC / Marathon, Downhill, Enduro, Gravel, Trail
- Hub flange: Straight pull
- Version: set
- Maul wide (mm): 25.0
- Freehub body: XDR
- Wheel diamter: 28” (622 ISO)
- Axle standard (mm): 142x12
- Spoke pattern: 3-times crossed
- Rim material: Carbon fibre
- Weight (g): 1395
- Hub color: matte / black
- Rim color: Carbon-matt
- Disc socket: Center lock
- Max. system weight (kg): 130
- Numbers of holes: 24
- Range of application: Road / gravel
- Microadjust: Yes
- Tubeless ready: Yes
- lfn-rim-height: 36.0
Order number: 168343
Production and delivery time: 2-3 workdays
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
excl. shipping costs
Awards and seals of quality
Bike: Testsieger CFK - Super / 535 Punkte
Better. Lighter. Faster.
- Easy installation of tubeless tires due to a self-sealing internal rim contour without time consuming tricks and the need of an air compressor
- Sophisticated rim flange with 30 % stronger impact absorption
- Almost 100 % identical spoke angles in the front wheel and almost identical spoke angles in the EVO3 rear wheel for an improved durability and higher steering precision
- Self-retaining Q-Lock spoke nipples lead to more mileage and reduced service requirements
- The entire wheel is built with one single spoke length
- 24 cone-shaped, 3D-oriented inmold spoke nipple sockets
- Save Tubeless – rim flanges that prevent sudden depressurization when ridden with low air pressures
- The symmetrical rim geometry allows for Standard and EVO3 to be built with identical spoke lengths on both sides.
Lightweight carbon fiber to make you faster!
Energy saving carbon fiber rims did always come with compromises in the past. They have been expensive and either not particularly durable or not particularly lightweight, if they were at all.
Thanks to tireless designing, special tool constructions and a new carbon fiber layup, we succeeded in combining the advantages of the material. The Syntace C-Series carbon fiber rim stands more impact than any Aluminum competitor we know of and remains – despite the inner width of 25 mm – extraordinarily lightweight (418 g for the 28” rim). The unbeatable price is the result of the all-new high-class Syntace
Consistent speed occurs at no moment
There is no such thing as constant speed when riding a bike. With a single pedal revolution already, you generate two torque peaks and thus two acceleration moments. At a cadence of 60 revolutions per minute, this equals 120 small accelerations per minute without even hitting an obstacle on the trail that slows down the bike further. This physical force (MOI – Moment of Intertia) is measured in kg·cm2. The higher this number, the more the wheel tries to slow down the acceleration.
A light hub with a heavy rim? No thanks!
The overall weight of a wheelsets tells you no more than one half of the story; the MOI is a lot more telling.
This is because it reflects how far the weight of the overall design is placed away from the hub and thus how much it slows you down.
Comparison with an the identical overall weight:
- Low inertia – the weight is close to the hub and does not constantly have to be accelerated.
- High inertia – the weight is closer to the rim and thus leads to a higher effort.
That’s what it’s all about
Handcraft quality by robot
- The Syntace wheel construction: in cooperation with an internationally leading wheel designer, we have worked on a robot assisted wheel building and centering machine for more than three years. It screens every single spoke tension, saves it and prints a final report. On top of this, a Syntace wheel-building expert assesses the quality of every single wheel afterwards.
- The Syntace hubs have been designed for 24 straight pull spokes that allow for one single spoke length for the entire wheelset. Finding a replacement spoke has become a lot easier this way.
- The EVO3 Standard design in combination with our straight pull hubs lead to a fully symmetrical wheel with identical spoke angles on both sides. This solution prevents single spokes from being overstressed.
All three advantages allowed for a wheel design based on no more than 24 spokes which appears to be the perfect solution as to high stiffness, low weight and defect tolerance. In case one spoke breaks, you will come home safely with the remaining 23 spokes.
Stronger than the spoke
Thanks to the SmoothFit profile, the spoke socket in the rim has become a lot more resistant against being ripped out. The socket is perfectly aligned with the actual spoke and nipple angle. This makes the entire construction more reliable than common rim bottoms or solutions with nipple washers that even used to add extra weight to the rim but that did not reinforce it.
Our in-house design, computer optimized Syntace Genius 1.7 custom spoke is made from Sweden steel and produced by Sapim.
A particularly careful manufacturing process allows for a shorter, more stable and yet lightweight section in the highstressed parts of the spoke. If needed, the spoke can be replaced with a standard straight pull spoke.
Micro adjustment of the hub bearing clearance
The all-new and test stand approved hub body is made from 7050 Aluminum and can be fine tuned with the latest design MicroAdjust end caps for tension-free wheel truing.
3-times sealed bearings
New double Syntace Duraseal end caps protect the double sealed Syntace precision hub bearings. Filled with grease that features a 25% higher water absorption, corrosion is prevented even further.
90 % higher bearing stress resistance
Our former hub bearings (and those of most of our competitors) with the measurement 17x26x5mm can cope with 130kg before they are deformed. The new, super durable Syntace 30mm bearings of the MX hub can handle up to 250kg.
10 Years (3+7) Warranty
When damage was caused by material- or manufacturing errors, we repair or replace your wheel or wheel component free of charge for up to 3 years, after that we only charge a 50% fixed rate of the current recommended retail price until the end of year 10 of the warranty. You can find more information here.
Sealing milk advice:
Using sealing milk that contains ammonia causes corrosion damage to your spoke nipples and rims. Make sure to use only ammonia-free sealing milk like e*thirteen Tire Plasma or Continental RevoSealant with your Syntace products.
Symmetrical spoke angles
Identical spoke angles for the front rear, almost identical ones for the EVO3 rear wheel. The design guarantees for longer durabilty and even higher steering precision. One spoke length for the entire wheelset.