- Extreme stiffness
- Higher impact resistance than Aluminum wheels
- Angle adapted spoke nipple fit
- Self-retaining spoke nipples
- Special grease filling of the hub bearings
- 25 % higher water absorption of the bearing grease
- Wheel diamter: 27.5” (584 ISO)
- Hub flange: Straight pull
- Freehub body: 10S
- Axle standard (mm): 12x142
- Maul wide (mm): 33.0
- Version: Rear
- Spoke pattern: 3-times crossed
- Intended usage: CC / Marathon, Downhill, Enduro, Gravel, Trail
- Rim material: Carbon fibre
- Range of application: MTB
- Max. system weight (kg): 130
- Disc socket: 6 hole
- Hub type: Syntace Straight MX Rear
- Rim width: 40.0
- Inertia (MOI): 406
- Weight (g): 835
- Hub color: Black CNC-Finish
- Numbers of holes: 28
- Microadjust: Yes
- Hub material: Aluminum
- Rim color: Carbon black
- Tubeless ready: Yes
- Rim type: Syntace C33i Rim
- Freehub click-stops (teeth): 36
Order number: 144132
Ready for shipping. Delivery time: 1-2 workdays
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Awards and seals of quality
Better. Lighter. Faster.
- Easy installation of tubeless tires due to a self-sealing internal rim contour without time consuming tricks and the need of an air compressor
- Sophisticated rim flange with 30 % stronger impact absorption
- 100 % identical spoke angles in the front wheel and almost identical spoke angles in the EVO6 rear wheel for an improved durability and higher steering precision
- Self-retaining Q-Lock spoke nipples lead to more mileage and reduced service requirements
- The entire wheel is built with one single spoke length
- 28 cone-shaped Inmold spoke nipple sockets
- Save Tubeless – rim flanges that prevent sudden depressurization when ridden with low air pressures
- The symmetrical rim geometry allows for the new Boost and EVO6 standard to be built with identical spoke lengths on both sides.
Lightweight carbon fiber to make you faster!
Energy saving carbon fiber rims did always come with compromises in the past. They have been expensive and either not particularly durable or not particularly lightweight, if they were at all.
Thanks to tireless designing, special tool constructions and a new carbon fiber layup, we succeeded in combining the advantages of the material. The Syntace C-Series carbon fiber rim stands more impact than any Aluminum competitor we know of and remains – despite the inner width of 33 mm – extraordinarily lightweight (435 g for the 27.5” rim). The unbeatable price is the result of the all-new high-class Syntace
Wide widths and low weights save energy.
Narrow rims and heavy tires were common in the past. It has become possible, however, to combine wide rims with lightweight tires. It is just that wide rims have always been heavy or they have not been particularly durable, a vicious circle that carbon fiber stopped. The wider the rim and the bigger the rim diameter, the more the advantages of the material carbon fiber come into play in the Syntace C-Series wheelset. On top of this, the inertia of the rim/tire combination is noticeably lower.
Consistent speed occurs at no moment
There is no such thing as constant speed when riding a bike. With a single pedal revolution already, you generate two torque peaks and thus two acceleration moments. At a cadence of 60 revolutions per minute, this equals 120 small accelerations per minute without even hitting an obstacle on the trail that slows down the bike further. This physical force (MOI – Moment of Intertia) is measured in kg·cm2. The higher this number, the more the wheel tries to slow down the acceleration.
A light hub with a heavy rim? No thanks!
The overall weight of a wheelsets tells you no more than one half of the story; the MOI is a lot more telling.
This is because it reflects how far the weight of the overall design is placed away from the hub and thus how much it slows you down.
Comparison with an the identical overall weight:
- Low inertia – the weight is close to the hub and does not constantly have to be accelerated.
- High inertia – the weight is closer to the rim and thus leads to a higher effort.
The inertia of the C33i Carbon wheel is no more than 404 kg·cm2. A common Aluminum wheel has an inertia of approximately 535 kg·cm2 that is about 30 % more.1
The overall weight of a wheelset does not matter as much its inertia, which actually makes the difference!
1) Not taking the tire weight into consideration.
That’s what it’s all about
Handcraft quality by robot
- The Syntace wheel construction: in cooperation with an internationally leading wheel designer, we have worked on a robot assisted wheel building and centering machine for more than three years. It screens every single spoke tension, saves it and prints a final report. On top of this, a Syntace wheel-building expert assesses the quality of every single wheel afterwards.
- The Syntace Straight MX hubs have been designed for 28 straight pull spokes that allow for one single spoke length for the entire wheelset. Finding a replacement spoke has become a lot easier this way.
- The EVO6 and Boost Standard design in combination with our straight pull hubs lead to a fully symmetrical wheel with identical spoke angles on both sides. This solution prevents single spokes from being overstressed.
All three advantages allowed for a wheel design based on no more than 28 spokes which appears to be the perfect solution as to high stiffness, low weight and defect tolerance. In case one spoke breaks, you will come home safely with the remaining 27 spokes.
20 % faster power transfer
Syntace has further strengthened the external tooth lock washer freehub of its 2nd generation rear hubs. This has been possible with the usage of 40 instead of 36 teeth that connect to each other noticeably faster and that consequently lead to more fun in tricky passages. The hub has also become quieter due to more sound absorbing materials.
Stronger than the spoke
Thanks to the SmoothFit profile, the spoke socket in the rim has become a lot more resistant against being ripped out. The socket is perfectly aligned with the actual spoke and nipple angle. This makes the entire construction more reliable than common rim bottoms or solutions with nipple washers that even used to add extra weight to the rim but that did not reinforce it.
he V-shape design is coming directly from the initial founder of outward-bound and massively enhanced rim flanges on mountain bike wheels. The shape has been tested and approved in uncounted series of experience and now features grip grooves to generate ultimate tire interlinking. It is 25 % stiffer and boasts with the performance of of a rim that actually is 2 mm wider looking at the tire width and the adhesion
Our in-house design, computer optimized Syntace Genius 1.7 custom spoke is made from Sweden steel and produced by Sapim.
A particularly careful manufacturing process allows for a shorter, more stable and yet lightweight section in the highstressed parts of the spoke. If needed, the spoke can be replaced with a standard straight pull spoke.
The freehub features patented interlocking steel inserts that transfer the power from the 7075 Aluminum freehub to the cassette. Particularly looking at the high demands of mountain biking, this design prevents cassettes to get stuck as on an Aluminum freehub. The inserts can be exchanged easily (Licence American Classic/USA)
Micro adjustment of the hub bearing clearance
The all-new and test stand approved hub body is made from 7050 Aluminum and can be fine tuned with the latest design MicroAdjust end caps for tension-free wheel truing.
3-times sealed bearings
New double Syntace Duraseal end caps protect the double sealed Syntace precision hub bearings. Filled with grease that features a 25% higher water absorption, corrosion is prevented even further.
90 % higher bearing stress resistance
Our former hub bearings (and those of most of our competitors) with the measurement 17x26x5mm can cope with 130kg before they are deformed. The new, super durable Syntace 30mm bearings of the MX hub can handle up to 250kg.