- Hub flange: Straight pull
- Hub end cap: SC (Small Cap)
- Axle standard (mm): 110x15 (Boost)
- Intended usage: CC / Marathon, Downhill, Enduro, Gravel, Trail
- Version: Front
- Range of application: MTB
- Microadjust: Yes
- Disc socket: 6 hole
- Hub color: Black CNC-Finish
- Numbers of holes: 28
- Hub material: Aluminum
- Hub type: Syntace Straight MX Front
- Weight (g): 143
Order number: 159938
Production and delivery time: 2-3 workdays
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
excl. shipping costs
The most durable hub we know of, both uphill and downhill.
The in-house designed Syntace Straight MX hubs (Pat. pend.) are the actual core, the heart of Syntace wheelsets. Finest milling art, a most plain appearance yet with superior inner values. Compatible with RockShox forks, of course. (optional, find Syntace MicroAdujst CapKit TQ).
Straight MX Front
- 17 mm oversize axle for a maximum of stiffness at the lowest weight possible
- Hub body with precision groove ball bearings with special grease filling for perfect corrosion protection and superior lifespan. An additional, double design sealing shim in front of the ball bearing protects the system from water getting in.
- MicroAdjust: the continuously variable end caps allow for the easy and fast adjustment of the axle bearing pre-load and clearance.
- Optimized flanges for identical spoke angles as well as identical spoke lengths. The result reduces spoke tension differences and allows for thinner, more lightweight spokes.
- Improved brake flange for first-class torque delivery and great durability.
The 2nd generation tooth lock washer freehub
- Oversize ball bearings with 90 % higher load rating, special grease and increased filling
- Durable fine gearing featuring 36 teeth
- MicroAdjust for precise tuning of the bearing clearance
- Reinforced freehub thanks to steel inserts
- Lightweight, yet super stiff brake disc socket
- Three dimensional design spoke seating
- Lighter, 25 % stiffer and internally butted through axle
- Fully closing double sealing
- EVO6 chain line (for example with Liteville frames) with almost identical spoke angles in the rear wheel
Large spoke flange diameter at the front hub
The diameter of the spoke flange for a disc front wheel is of particular importance. If the disc brake is operated, the forces impacting the hub, the spokes, the nipples and the rim are extreme. The smaller the diameter is, the higher the spoke tension that eventually tires down and destroys the wheel components. For these reasons, we have increased the spoke flange diameter to 40mm in the front hub while still offering a hub that is no more than 58g.
(Illustration right: schematic diagram)
The freehub features patented interlocking steel inserts that transfer the power from the 7075 Aluminum freehub to the cassette. Particularly looking at the high demands of mountain biking, this design prevents cassettes to get stuck as on an Aluminum freehub. The inserts can be exchanged easily (Licence American Classic/USA)
Micro adjustment of the hub bearing clearance
The all-new and test stand approved hub body is made from 7050 Aluminum and can be fine tuned with the latest design MicroAdjust end caps for tension-free wheel truing.
3-times sealed bearings
New double Syntace Duraseal end caps protect the double sealed Syntace precision hub bearings. Filled with grease that features a 25% higher water absorption, corrosion is prevented even further.
90 % higher bearing stress resistance
Our former hub bearings (and those of most of our competitors) with the measurement 17x26x5mm can cope with 130kg before they are deformed. The new, super durable Syntace 30mm bearings of the MX hub can handle up to 250kg.